From TimeMD Help
What You Should Know First
- Time punches made by IVR are not covered by your month-to-month licensing fees.
- You must contact a TimeMD representative in order to receive a dedicated phone number to be used for the IVR time keeping process. Once assigned, you can find your dedicated IVR phone number under "Preferences -> General Account Info".
- Once you've been assigned your dedicated IVR phone number, you may complete the set-up process in your account. To do so, complete the following:
- Proceed to "Preferences -> TimeTracking Settings".
- Look for the setting under Misc. Settings titled, "Activate IVR time collection". Check the box and save the form.
- Next, you must authorize which phones are allowed to use the IVR time keeping process.
- Proceed to "Preferences -> Time Clocks"
- Click the "Register New Time Clock" button
- Select "IVR Based" from the "Type/Manufacturer" select box
- Give it a name
- Enter the phone number for the phone in the "Time Clock ID" field. Make sure to include the area code.
- Specify the location and department where the time clock is found. If you'd like to also specify a Job, you may do so as well.
- Save the form
- Next you must enter Time Clock ID's for all your employees that will be tracking time via IVR.
- Proceed to "Preferences -> Personnel/Employees"
- Click on the employees name to be taken to their input screen
- Under the section, "Time Tracking Settings", enter the employees Time Clock #". Note, because they will be using their phone's dial pad, you can only enter numbers.
- Save the form.
- If you wish your employees to specify a department when creating a punch, you must make sure you have an ID assigned to those departments.
- Proceed to "Preferences -> Departments"
- Click on the "edit" button for the department in question
- Look for the "Alternate ID" field, enter the ID #. Note, because ID's will be entered using the phone's dial pad, you can only enter numbers.
- Save the form.
That's it... you're all set. Your employees should now be able to track time via IVR.